With the advancing age, we are witnessing the aging of the skin. As the skin becomes thinner and tissue destruction increases, facial lines begin to become clearer. Lines become clear around the mouth and nose, lip thinning and lines, wrinkles around the eyes, sagging on the cheek, defects in the face line, both new and existing ones are beginning to deepen and progress. The aging of the skin occurs not only with age, but also with environmental conditions, sunlight, stress and intensive use of gestures. Different filling applications are used to achieve a younger skin appearance and to restore tissue volume.
What is Filling Application?
Dermalfilling is the process of applying gel-like substances under the skin to soften deep lines or wrinkles and improve facial lines by increasing the volume of tissue lost under the skin. Filling applications performed without a surgical procedure, without incision, are among the applications preferred by many women and men. Hyaluronic acid (HA), calcium hydroxyapatite (CaHA), poly L-lactic acid and autologous fat injections are generally used as fillers. These substances are decided and applied after your doctor’s appointment, whichever is right for you. Hyaluronic acid is the most used material in aesthetic filling applications compared to others and with a lower risk.
In Which Areas Is Filling Application Applied?
Filling applications on the face can be performed for different areas such as lips, nose, undereye and cheeks.
- Lip filling applications are among the most preferred filling applications all over the world. You can achieve the desired look with a short application to increase your thin lip structure or reduce vertical lip lines. In order to make the right decision for your face and to create a lip suitable for your facial features, you should talk to your specialist physician in detail. Likewise, you can correct a structurally distorted lip image with lip filling.
- You can have nasal filling for deformities in the nasal area. You can get rid of your problem with non-surgical filling applications with a very practical method for nasal arch, low nasal tip, nose wing width, volumetric changes.
- Under-eye fillers are applied for slight bruising under the eyes, dark circles, collapsing and wrinkle problems. When the under-eye light filling is applied, the volume increases, so you get a younger look by smoothing in light lines.
- You can make cheek fillings by reducing the line between the nose and cheeks as well as filling applications for a more voluminous cheek appearance to clarify the cheekbones on the cheeks.
How Long Does The Process Take?
Filling applications take place within 5-10 minutes, depending on the region. There are points you need to pay attention to after filling application.
- For the first 2-4 hours after the application, your skin should be kept dry and you should not take a shower.
- At least 2 days you must stay away from pool, sauna etc. due to the risk of infection after filling applications.
- During the first week after the application, you should sleep on high pillows or pillows and maintain the supine position.
- You should not take or have any procedures done like skin care etc. without your doctor’s approval.
- After filling applications, you should stay away from compulsive movements and sports for the first 24 hours.
- Make-up materials should not be used on the first day.
- You can use sunscreen or prescription product with your doctor’s recommendation.
- It is recommended not to consume alcohol on the day of filling applications due to the possibility of increasing edema.
Is the Effect of Filling Applications Permanent?
Filling applications contain substances that disappear in the body over time, unless it is synthetic. The effect of the fillers varies according to the density of the product, the application area, the amount applied and the person. The permanence of the effect varies between 6 months and 24 months with these factors.
Filling applications, which are aesthetically and medically quite easy, practical and performed in a short time, are performed by specialist physicians with small touches for a younger and more vibrant face. If you want to find out whether filling applications are the right way for you, you can contact Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery Specialist Dr. Mahmut Sunay.
|Monday – Friday
|9.00 – 18.00
|10.00 – 15.00